Skip to main content

Butterflies in His Eyes


Butterflies in His Eyes

It’s been almost two years, yet every glance feels new,
Like a high school girl in love, every time I look at you.
I see your photo, and my heart begins to race,
Butterflies flutter wildly, just from your face.

Through all the trials we've faced, through every storm and strife,
You remain my breath, my calm, the center of my life.
Your eyes hold a world where only we exist,
In those moments, I forget to breathe, caught up in your mist.

The way you look at me, the way you see my soul,
Makes everything else fade; you make me feel whole.
I catch my breath, remind myself to breathe,
For in your gaze, it’s so easy to believe.

That love like ours is timeless, beyond all space and time,
Two years, two lifetimes, still, you’re only mine.
And though I must wait for you, through prison’s heavy door,
My love will never waver, it’s you I adore.

I will always be faithful, my heart belongs to you,
There’s no other soul mine will ever connect to.
Captivated by you, I’m forever entwined,
No one else could ever cross my mind.

So, my love, know this truth from deep within,
I will always be yours, through thick and thin.
You’re my forever, my only desire,
In your eyes, I find my eternal fire.

~DeAnna Epperson



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exposing the Deadly Reality at La Palma Correctional Facility: How Many More Have to Die?

For years, La Palma Correctional Facility in Eloy, Arizona, has been a hotspot for controversy, yet little has been done to address the rampant corruption, officer misconduct, and systemic failures that have turned it into a living hell for those incarcerated within its walls. Most recently, another inmate has died—one of many whose deaths could have been prevented if those in charge had taken real action instead of covering up their negligence. On January 2, 2025, I fought to have my husband moved out of La Palma due to the sheer volume of drugs flooding the yard, which were being brought in by correctional officers. I reported specific names to the Special Security Unit (SSU), thinking that doing the right thing would bring change. Instead, my concerns fell on deaf ears. Now, here we are, with more inmates losing their lives—many of these deaths are suspected overdoses, yet little to no investigation ever seems to result in actual change. A History of Negligence and Deaths This lates...

Two Years for Corruption. Seven Years for Addiction.

  There’s something I can’t shake today. And honestly… it makes me sick. I just read about a correctional officer at the same prison my husband is sitting in right now —Lewis Prison Complex—who was caught smuggling heroin, fentanyl, and cell phones into the facility. Not using. Not struggling. Not trying to survive addiction. Smuggling. Trafficking. Profiting. Investigators didn’t just catch him once either. This wasn’t some “bad decision” moment. This was a full investigation—months long—with surveillance, evidence, and tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of drugs tied to it. Let me say that again… A man with a badge, authority, and access was bringing poison into a prison —into a place already filled with men fighting addiction, trauma, and survival every single day. Now here’s the part that I cannot wrap my head around… My husband is serving seven years for doing drugs. Seven years. For addiction. For a battle that started when he was a child—before he even had ...

Four days.

That is what is left. Four days until I walk through prison gates; not as the correctional officer I once was, not as the prison wife who has spent years fighting this system from the outside, not as the advocate who knows policies, procedures, inmate numbers, classifications, grievances, disciplinary reports, and all the bureaucratic bullshit that comes with incarceration. In four days, I walk through those gates as an inmate. And I am fucking terrified. There. I said it. I am terrified. Six days ago, I wrote a blog called This Isn't Goodbye. It's the Chapter Before I Come Home. I wrote about faith. I wrote about trusting God. I wrote about believing that He would go with me. I wrote about trusting the Author even though I couldn't skip ahead and read the ending. Today? Today I cursed at that Author. Today I told God I fucking hate Him. Those exact words. Not a cleaned-up Christian version of anger. Not, “Lord, I'm struggling to understand Your plan.” Not, “Father, ple...