Skip to main content

Embracing the Journey of Change


Advocacy is a journey, one that challenges me every day but also fills me with purpose. I knew from the start that standing up to a system as immense and flawed as the prison system wouldn’t be easy. But as each day passes, I’m reminded of why this fight matters — not only for my husband but for all those who suffer silently within the walls of these institutions. Every step forward is a chance to make their voices heard and to expose the truths that are often kept hidden.

Over time, I’ve reached out to everyone who might listen — state authorities, advocacy organizations, even the media. I’ve shared my husband’s story, the barriers he’s faced in accessing basic medical care, and the retaliation he endures as a result of my efforts to protect his rights. It’s both frustrating and heartbreaking to realize just how many people are in the same situation, with families on the outside fighting tirelessly on their behalf.

What I’ve learned is that true change requires both resilience and patience. Each letter, each phone call, each blog post is a brick in the road toward a better, more just system. But I can’t do it alone. This journey is one we must take together. Every person who reads these words, who shares this mission, and who believes in the importance of rehabilitation over punishment is part of the change we need.

Today, I’m embracing the journey itself. Every moment, every challenge, and every small victory fuels my hope. This journey isn’t just about overcoming the system’s barriers — it’s about showing that, together, we can be stronger than those walls. We can create a path toward a future where dignity and justice are available to all.

Thank you to everyone who has stood by me in this journey. Your support strengthens my resolve, and together, I believe we can make a real impact.

“Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” — Romans 12:21

For more on my journey and advocacy: 📖 Read my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DDQ5M3HV
🌐 Follow my work: https://linktr.ee/EppersonEmpowerment

#PowerOfOurVoices #EppersonEmpowerment #JusticeForAll #AdvocacyInAction #BreakingTheSilence #StandTogether #HopeForChange #StrongerTogether #PathToJustice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exposing the Deadly Reality at La Palma Correctional Facility: How Many More Have to Die?

For years, La Palma Correctional Facility in Eloy, Arizona, has been a hotspot for controversy, yet little has been done to address the rampant corruption, officer misconduct, and systemic failures that have turned it into a living hell for those incarcerated within its walls. Most recently, another inmate has died—one of many whose deaths could have been prevented if those in charge had taken real action instead of covering up their negligence. On January 2, 2025, I fought to have my husband moved out of La Palma due to the sheer volume of drugs flooding the yard, which were being brought in by correctional officers. I reported specific names to the Special Security Unit (SSU), thinking that doing the right thing would bring change. Instead, my concerns fell on deaf ears. Now, here we are, with more inmates losing their lives—many of these deaths are suspected overdoses, yet little to no investigation ever seems to result in actual change. A History of Negligence and Deaths This lates...

Two Years for Corruption. Seven Years for Addiction.

  There’s something I can’t shake today. And honestly… it makes me sick. I just read about a correctional officer at the same prison my husband is sitting in right now —Lewis Prison Complex—who was caught smuggling heroin, fentanyl, and cell phones into the facility. Not using. Not struggling. Not trying to survive addiction. Smuggling. Trafficking. Profiting. Investigators didn’t just catch him once either. This wasn’t some “bad decision” moment. This was a full investigation—months long—with surveillance, evidence, and tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of drugs tied to it. Let me say that again… A man with a badge, authority, and access was bringing poison into a prison —into a place already filled with men fighting addiction, trauma, and survival every single day. Now here’s the part that I cannot wrap my head around… My husband is serving seven years for doing drugs. Seven years. For addiction. For a battle that started when he was a child—before he even had ...

Four days.

That is what is left. Four days until I walk through prison gates; not as the correctional officer I once was, not as the prison wife who has spent years fighting this system from the outside, not as the advocate who knows policies, procedures, inmate numbers, classifications, grievances, disciplinary reports, and all the bureaucratic bullshit that comes with incarceration. In four days, I walk through those gates as an inmate. And I am fucking terrified. There. I said it. I am terrified. Six days ago, I wrote a blog called This Isn't Goodbye. It's the Chapter Before I Come Home. I wrote about faith. I wrote about trusting God. I wrote about believing that He would go with me. I wrote about trusting the Author even though I couldn't skip ahead and read the ending. Today? Today I cursed at that Author. Today I told God I fucking hate Him. Those exact words. Not a cleaned-up Christian version of anger. Not, “Lord, I'm struggling to understand Your plan.” Not, “Father, ple...