Skip to main content

The Power of Perseverance in Advocacy


Each day I’m reminded why I started this journey of advocacy. Standing up against a system that fails so many isn’t easy, but it’s necessary. There’s a strength that comes from persevering, even when faced with resistance and setbacks. This strength isn’t just for me — it’s for my husband, for every inmate denied basic rights, and for the families on the outside left to pick up the pieces.

The more I speak out, the more I uncover how deeply ingrained the neglect and mistreatment are. It’s clear that our prison system is designed to break rather than build. Instead of providing support and resources for true rehabilitation, inmates are often left in conditions that worsen their health, strip away their dignity, and take away any hope of change. This isn’t just a failure of policy; it’s a failure of humanity.

My husband’s journey has opened my eyes to these issues in a personal way, but I know he’s far from alone in this struggle. Every phone call, every letter, and every outreach effort I make is a small step in bringing these injustices to light. I’ve reached out to officials, news outlets, and advocacy organizations — anyone who can help create change. But change doesn’t come from one person alone; it requires the strength of a community willing to see beyond the walls and demand better.

To those who have supported this journey, thank you. Your encouragement and shared voices strengthen this fight and show that we don’t have to accept this broken system. Together, we can hold institutions accountable and push for a future where rehabilitation, dignity, and justice are the standards, not the exceptions.

“Let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” — Galatians 6:9

For more on my journey and advocacy: 📖 Read my book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DDQ5M3HV
🌐 Follow my work: https://linktr.ee/EppersonEmpowerment

#PowerOfOurVoices #EppersonEmpowerment #JusticeForAll #PerseveranceInAdvocacy #PrisonReform #StandTogether #BreakingTheSilence #DemandChange #KeepFighting #HopeForChange

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exposing the Deadly Reality at La Palma Correctional Facility: How Many More Have to Die?

For years, La Palma Correctional Facility in Eloy, Arizona, has been a hotspot for controversy, yet little has been done to address the rampant corruption, officer misconduct, and systemic failures that have turned it into a living hell for those incarcerated within its walls. Most recently, another inmate has died—one of many whose deaths could have been prevented if those in charge had taken real action instead of covering up their negligence. On January 2, 2025, I fought to have my husband moved out of La Palma due to the sheer volume of drugs flooding the yard, which were being brought in by correctional officers. I reported specific names to the Special Security Unit (SSU), thinking that doing the right thing would bring change. Instead, my concerns fell on deaf ears. Now, here we are, with more inmates losing their lives—many of these deaths are suspected overdoses, yet little to no investigation ever seems to result in actual change. A History of Negligence and Deaths This lates...

Two Years for Corruption. Seven Years for Addiction.

  There’s something I can’t shake today. And honestly… it makes me sick. I just read about a correctional officer at the same prison my husband is sitting in right now —Lewis Prison Complex—who was caught smuggling heroin, fentanyl, and cell phones into the facility. Not using. Not struggling. Not trying to survive addiction. Smuggling. Trafficking. Profiting. Investigators didn’t just catch him once either. This wasn’t some “bad decision” moment. This was a full investigation—months long—with surveillance, evidence, and tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of drugs tied to it. Let me say that again… A man with a badge, authority, and access was bringing poison into a prison —into a place already filled with men fighting addiction, trauma, and survival every single day. Now here’s the part that I cannot wrap my head around… My husband is serving seven years for doing drugs. Seven years. For addiction. For a battle that started when he was a child—before he even had ...

Four days.

That is what is left. Four days until I walk through prison gates; not as the correctional officer I once was, not as the prison wife who has spent years fighting this system from the outside, not as the advocate who knows policies, procedures, inmate numbers, classifications, grievances, disciplinary reports, and all the bureaucratic bullshit that comes with incarceration. In four days, I walk through those gates as an inmate. And I am fucking terrified. There. I said it. I am terrified. Six days ago, I wrote a blog called This Isn't Goodbye. It's the Chapter Before I Come Home. I wrote about faith. I wrote about trusting God. I wrote about believing that He would go with me. I wrote about trusting the Author even though I couldn't skip ahead and read the ending. Today? Today I cursed at that Author. Today I told God I fucking hate Him. Those exact words. Not a cleaned-up Christian version of anger. Not, “Lord, I'm struggling to understand Your plan.” Not, “Father, ple...