Skip to main content

Fighting a Whole Prison System: One Wife's War for Justice

Let me tell you what it’s like to go to war—not with guns or bombs, but with phone calls, legal documents, and a heart that refuses to give up. I’m not just fighting for my husband—I’m fighting against an entire prison system built to wear people down until they give up. But I won’t. I haven’t. And I never will.

My husband is incarcerated in Arizona Department of Corrections. And what started out as a mission to simply advocate for his safety has turned into a full-scale, nonstop battle with a system so corrupt, so broken, and so indifferent to human life that some days, I feel like I'm in the twilight zone.

Where do I begin? Maybe with the time he was brutally attacked by another inmate and had to go into protective custody. Or when they transferred him from Red Rock to La Palma without notice, like a pawn on a chessboard. Or the multiple times his PC requests were denied, despite evidence of credible threats—and then used against him to accuse him of making false allegations.

Then there's the retaliation. Oh, the retaliation. My husband is being punished because I advocate for him. Staff lie. They gaslight him. They deny the existence of inmates I can prove are real with a simple AZDOC lookup. Officers call him into meetings with no intention of helping—they try to intimidate, to break his spirit. I’ve heard everything from COs refusing to record conversations (even after being asked) to them manipulating his mental health score to keep him labeled as a 3D—effectively blocking his chance at programs, transfers, and even clemency.

Medical care? Forget it. The for-profit medical providers like NaphCare are only interested in covering their own asses, not in helping inmates. ROI forms go missing. Medications get stopped without explanation. Staff try to trick him into signing documents without my knowledge. And don’t even get me started on the mental health designation game they play. The goal? Keep him boxed in, isolated, and discredited.

I’ve watched as drug rings operate freely inside, run by staff. I’ve reported it. Nothing changes. Meanwhile, my husband—who desperately wants to get clean and change—is surrounded by easy access to the very thing that destroyed him in the first place. And the moment I speak up about it, they retaliate. Against me. Against him. Against both of us.

We’ve faced false accusations, unsubstantiated write-ups, and now even criminal allegations stemming from a bunk fall—right after I questioned his medical treatment. Coincidence? I think not.

They’ve denied him visitation with me, even though I resigned from my job at a private prison over two years ago. They say it's because I was under investigation, which is a lie. I have documentation proving the investigation started after I quit. But facts don’t seem to matter in a system designed to protect itself at all costs.

The trauma isn’t just his. It’s mine. I’ve had my personal, confidential information stolen and passed around inside prison walls. My health has suffered. I’m disabled and still fighting every day—not just for him but for our future. I’ve watched courts shrug. I’ve seen lawyers bail. I’ve mailed out clemency packets to the highest offices in this country and heard nothing back.

And yet—I keep going.

I do it because love doesn’t quit. Because the truth still matters. Because my husband deserves a chance to rebuild his life outside of concrete and barbed wire. Because nobody should be thrown away just because they were broken.

This blog isn’t just a story. It’s a warning. It’s a war cry. It’s a middle finger to the entire system that thinks people like me will stay silent. I won’t. I’m loud, I’m relentless, and I’ve got receipts.

To anyone reading this who thinks you’re alone in your fight: you’re not. And if you need someone to stand with you in the flames, know this—I’ve been living in them for years. And I’m still standing.

Welcome to the resistance.

#PrisonWife
#PrisonReformNow
#JusticeForInmates
#StopTheRetaliation
#MassIncarceration
#MyHusbandMatters
#CorruptionBehindBars
#FromGuardToWife
#InmateAdvocacy
#PrisonSystemFailure
#PrisonRetaliation
#ProtectOurLovedOnes
#NaphCareNegligence
#ClemencyNow
#WifeOnAMission
#TheyMessedWithTheWrongWife
#EndPrivatePrisons
#DOCAccountability
#MentalHealthNotManipulation
#PrisonWivesMatter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exposing the Deadly Reality at La Palma Correctional Facility: How Many More Have to Die?

For years, La Palma Correctional Facility in Eloy, Arizona, has been a hotspot for controversy, yet little has been done to address the rampant corruption, officer misconduct, and systemic failures that have turned it into a living hell for those incarcerated within its walls. Most recently, another inmate has died—one of many whose deaths could have been prevented if those in charge had taken real action instead of covering up their negligence. On January 2, 2025, I fought to have my husband moved out of La Palma due to the sheer volume of drugs flooding the yard, which were being brought in by correctional officers. I reported specific names to the Special Security Unit (SSU), thinking that doing the right thing would bring change. Instead, my concerns fell on deaf ears. Now, here we are, with more inmates losing their lives—many of these deaths are suspected overdoses, yet little to no investigation ever seems to result in actual change. A History of Negligence and Deaths This lates...

Two Years for Corruption. Seven Years for Addiction.

  There’s something I can’t shake today. And honestly… it makes me sick. I just read about a correctional officer at the same prison my husband is sitting in right now —Lewis Prison Complex—who was caught smuggling heroin, fentanyl, and cell phones into the facility. Not using. Not struggling. Not trying to survive addiction. Smuggling. Trafficking. Profiting. Investigators didn’t just catch him once either. This wasn’t some “bad decision” moment. This was a full investigation—months long—with surveillance, evidence, and tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of drugs tied to it. Let me say that again… A man with a badge, authority, and access was bringing poison into a prison —into a place already filled with men fighting addiction, trauma, and survival every single day. Now here’s the part that I cannot wrap my head around… My husband is serving seven years for doing drugs. Seven years. For addiction. For a battle that started when he was a child—before he even had ...

Four days.

That is what is left. Four days until I walk through prison gates; not as the correctional officer I once was, not as the prison wife who has spent years fighting this system from the outside, not as the advocate who knows policies, procedures, inmate numbers, classifications, grievances, disciplinary reports, and all the bureaucratic bullshit that comes with incarceration. In four days, I walk through those gates as an inmate. And I am fucking terrified. There. I said it. I am terrified. Six days ago, I wrote a blog called This Isn't Goodbye. It's the Chapter Before I Come Home. I wrote about faith. I wrote about trusting God. I wrote about believing that He would go with me. I wrote about trusting the Author even though I couldn't skip ahead and read the ending. Today? Today I cursed at that Author. Today I told God I fucking hate Him. Those exact words. Not a cleaned-up Christian version of anger. Not, “Lord, I'm struggling to understand Your plan.” Not, “Father, ple...