Skip to main content

Honored, Humbled… and Ugly Crying

 

A Response to Tee’s Blog: “When God Sends an Angel”

I don’t even know where to start — except to say that I’m sitting here, tears rolling down my face, trying to gather myself after reading Tee’s blog post about me:


When God Sends an Angel: My Encounter with DeAnna Epperson

Let me tell y’all something... this woman wrecked me (in the best way possible).

Her words? They hit my soul like a tidal wave. Not just because she shared her pain so openly, but because she allowed me to see just how much our connection meant — and y’all, I wasn’t ready. I wasn’t ready to see myself through someone else’s eyes like that. I ugly cried. Like, tissue-in-each-hand, snotty-nose, makeup-running, full-on “don’t look at me” cry. Tee, how dare you?! đŸ˜‚

But seriously — to know that God used me in such a powerful and specific way, in her darkest hour, is the kind of reminder that stops you in your tracks. I didn’t swoop in with a cape or some master plan — I just showed up, as myself, and gave what I had: understanding, empathy, and fire. And she lit right up like a match soaked in gasoline.

She didn’t need rescuing. She just needed backup. And now she knows: I’ve got her back.

Working with Tee to move PrisonStopsNothing.com forward hasn’t just been an honor — it’s been a calling. She has a vision that’s bold, fierce, and dripping with purpose. And I’ll be damned if she’s going to walk that road alone. Together, we are going to build something that shatters stigma, amplifies stories, and helps women who are holding it down while the world turns its back.

Tee, thank you for trusting me. Thank you for pouring your heart into that post. Thank you for reminding me why I do what I do — even when I’m tired, even when the odds feel stacked. You’re not just a sister in this fight — you’re family now.

If you haven’t read her post yet, go read it now. It’s not just about me — it’s about what happens when women support women, when faith meets action, and when silence gets replaced with strength.

To anyone out there who feels like no one’s listening: I hear you. Tee, I heard you. And you are not alone.

Let’s keep pushing forward. Together. 

#PrisonStopsNothing #EppersonEmpowerment #WomenForWomen #GodIsAmazing #GodMakesNoMistakes #BuildEachotherUp


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exposing the Deadly Reality at La Palma Correctional Facility: How Many More Have to Die?

For years, La Palma Correctional Facility in Eloy, Arizona, has been a hotspot for controversy, yet little has been done to address the rampant corruption, officer misconduct, and systemic failures that have turned it into a living hell for those incarcerated within its walls. Most recently, another inmate has died—one of many whose deaths could have been prevented if those in charge had taken real action instead of covering up their negligence. On January 2, 2025, I fought to have my husband moved out of La Palma due to the sheer volume of drugs flooding the yard, which were being brought in by correctional officers. I reported specific names to the Special Security Unit (SSU), thinking that doing the right thing would bring change. Instead, my concerns fell on deaf ears. Now, here we are, with more inmates losing their lives—many of these deaths are suspected overdoses, yet little to no investigation ever seems to result in actual change. A History of Negligence and Deaths This lates...

Two Years for Corruption. Seven Years for Addiction.

  There’s something I can’t shake today. And honestly… it makes me sick. I just read about a correctional officer at the same prison my husband is sitting in right now —Lewis Prison Complex—who was caught smuggling heroin, fentanyl, and cell phones into the facility. Not using. Not struggling. Not trying to survive addiction. Smuggling. Trafficking. Profiting. Investigators didn’t just catch him once either. This wasn’t some “bad decision” moment. This was a full investigation—months long—with surveillance, evidence, and tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of drugs tied to it. Let me say that again… A man with a badge, authority, and access was bringing poison into a prison —into a place already filled with men fighting addiction, trauma, and survival every single day. Now here’s the part that I cannot wrap my head around… My husband is serving seven years for doing drugs. Seven years. For addiction. For a battle that started when he was a child—before he even had ...

Four days.

That is what is left. Four days until I walk through prison gates; not as the correctional officer I once was, not as the prison wife who has spent years fighting this system from the outside, not as the advocate who knows policies, procedures, inmate numbers, classifications, grievances, disciplinary reports, and all the bureaucratic bullshit that comes with incarceration. In four days, I walk through those gates as an inmate. And I am fucking terrified. There. I said it. I am terrified. Six days ago, I wrote a blog called This Isn't Goodbye. It's the Chapter Before I Come Home. I wrote about faith. I wrote about trusting God. I wrote about believing that He would go with me. I wrote about trusting the Author even though I couldn't skip ahead and read the ending. Today? Today I cursed at that Author. Today I told God I fucking hate Him. Those exact words. Not a cleaned-up Christian version of anger. Not, “Lord, I'm struggling to understand Your plan.” Not, “Father, ple...