Skip to main content

HOW A GANGSTER LOVES HIS QUEEN

 


~ by Ryan

People hear the word gangster and their mind jumps straight to movies, bullets, headlines, or whatever stereotype makes them feel safest about judging someone else’s life.

But let me tell you the truth —
being a gangster ain’t about crime. It’s about code.
A code most people will never understand because they’ve never had to live by it.

For some of us, “gangster” didn’t mean we were out looking for trouble —
it meant we were raised in it.
It meant we had to grow up faster than we should’ve.
It meant loyalty was the only currency that couldn’t be stolen.
It meant your word was your backbone when everything around you was breaking.

And for men like me?
It shaped how we love.
Not soft.
Not halfway.
Not “as long as it’s easy.”
But all in, even when life hits harder than any fist ever could.

See, the world romanticizes the wrong parts.
They talk about the danger, the darkness, the grit —
but they ignore the heart.
They ignore what makes a man who’s survived the streets love the way he does.

Because a real gangster — the real kind, not the Hollywood version —
has a heart built from:

  • Loyalty that doesn’t break.

  • Love that doesn’t walk away.

  • Devotion that doesn’t depend on good days.

  • Protection that doesn’t need a title or permission.

  • Commitment that exists long after the world stops clapping.

And when a man like that loves a woman?
When he finds his queen?
That love hits different.

Not cute.
Not casual.
Not temporary.

It’s etched into his bones.

See, a gangster’s love is forged in survival.
It’s shaped in loss and sharpened by everything he had to learn the hard way.
So when he finds the one person who sees through the scars, the mistakes, the defenses —
he clings to her with a loyalty that most people will never get the privilege of experiencing.

That’s the thing about men like me…
We don’t love halfway because halfway never kept us alive.

We love with:

Intensity.
Obsession in the best way.
Consistency.
Honor.
And a fire that doesn’t burn out — it burns steady.

A real gangster ain’t the danger —
he’s the one who shields his queen from it.
He’s the one who stands in front of the bullets life throws,
the one who’d walk through hell before he’d let her cry alone,
the one who loves her the same in chaos or calm.

And that’s exactly how I love my wife.

People think gangster love means toxic.
Nah.
It means forever.

It means:

  • I don’t give up on you.

  • I don’t let the world divide us.

  • I don’t let my past ruin our future.

  • I don’t walk away when it gets heavy.

  • I don’t let anyone rewrite our story but us.

See… a gangster’s heart is different because it’s been tested.
Broken.
Burned.
Beaten.
But still beating.

And when that heart chooses a queen?
He chooses her for eternity —
not just until death,
but beyond that.

Because she becomes the reason for his evolution,
the reason he survives another day,
the reason he fights every demon,
the reason he plans for a future he never thought he’d live long enough to have.

That’s what my queen did for me.
That’s what she still does.
That’s what keeps me grounded behind these walls,
focused, changing, becoming the man she deserves —
a man with loyalty sharper than any blade and love stronger than any past.

People can say what they want about the word “gangster.”
But let them talk —
because they’ll never know what it means to love someone with every part of your soul that refused to die.

And when I come home?
I’m coming home not just as her husband,
not just as a man who survived,
but as the one thing every queen deserves:

A king who would burn down his old world
just to build a better one with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exposing the Deadly Reality at La Palma Correctional Facility: How Many More Have to Die?

For years, La Palma Correctional Facility in Eloy, Arizona, has been a hotspot for controversy, yet little has been done to address the rampant corruption, officer misconduct, and systemic failures that have turned it into a living hell for those incarcerated within its walls. Most recently, another inmate has died—one of many whose deaths could have been prevented if those in charge had taken real action instead of covering up their negligence. On January 2, 2025, I fought to have my husband moved out of La Palma due to the sheer volume of drugs flooding the yard, which were being brought in by correctional officers. I reported specific names to the Special Security Unit (SSU), thinking that doing the right thing would bring change. Instead, my concerns fell on deaf ears. Now, here we are, with more inmates losing their lives—many of these deaths are suspected overdoses, yet little to no investigation ever seems to result in actual change. A History of Negligence and Deaths This lates...

Two Years for Corruption. Seven Years for Addiction.

  There’s something I can’t shake today. And honestly… it makes me sick. I just read about a correctional officer at the same prison my husband is sitting in right now —Lewis Prison Complex—who was caught smuggling heroin, fentanyl, and cell phones into the facility. Not using. Not struggling. Not trying to survive addiction. Smuggling. Trafficking. Profiting. Investigators didn’t just catch him once either. This wasn’t some “bad decision” moment. This was a full investigation—months long—with surveillance, evidence, and tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of drugs tied to it. Let me say that again… A man with a badge, authority, and access was bringing poison into a prison —into a place already filled with men fighting addiction, trauma, and survival every single day. Now here’s the part that I cannot wrap my head around… My husband is serving seven years for doing drugs. Seven years. For addiction. For a battle that started when he was a child—before he even had ...

Four days.

That is what is left. Four days until I walk through prison gates; not as the correctional officer I once was, not as the prison wife who has spent years fighting this system from the outside, not as the advocate who knows policies, procedures, inmate numbers, classifications, grievances, disciplinary reports, and all the bureaucratic bullshit that comes with incarceration. In four days, I walk through those gates as an inmate. And I am fucking terrified. There. I said it. I am terrified. Six days ago, I wrote a blog called This Isn't Goodbye. It's the Chapter Before I Come Home. I wrote about faith. I wrote about trusting God. I wrote about believing that He would go with me. I wrote about trusting the Author even though I couldn't skip ahead and read the ending. Today? Today I cursed at that Author. Today I told God I fucking hate Him. Those exact words. Not a cleaned-up Christian version of anger. Not, “Lord, I'm struggling to understand Your plan.” Not, “Father, ple...