Skip to main content

You Picked the Wrong Wife...


There’s a picture of me smiling. Of course there is.

Big smile. Bright eyes. Confident. Almost… untouchable.

The kind of woman who looks like she has it handled. The kind of woman who looks like she’s winning.

And maybe that’s what they see when they look at me.

But what they don’t see…is everything underneath that smile.

They don’t see what it feels like to be told-just like that-that your communication with your husband is gone.

Not limited. Not restricted. Gone.

Four years.

No phone calls. No visits. No video visits.

Just… silence.

Let that sink in.

Because this isn’t just about “rules” or “policy.” This is about human beings.

This is about a man who is fighting every single day to stay clean in an environment that is designed to break him.

This is about someone trying to hold onto his sanity…
while the one person who grounds him, who reminds him who he is outside of those walls… gets ripped away.

Do you understand what that does to someone?

Because I do.

I’ve seen it from both sides. I used to work inside that system.

I know what happens when you take away connection. I know what happens when you isolate someone long enough.

You don’t rehabilitate them. You destroy them.

You strip away hope. You strip away identity. You strip away the very thing that gives them a reason to stay clean and mentally stable.

And then you sit back and wonder why they spiral.

And while all of that is happening to him…

This is what it’s doing to me.

I’m out here… alone.

Fighting an entire prison system I once stood inside of. A system I believed in at one point. A system I now see from a completely different lens.

And I’m not just fighting for him. I’m fighting for myself too.

My own case. My own truth. My own survival. At the same time.

And there are days…where the weight of all of this feels unbearable.

Days where I sit in silence because there’s no call coming.
Days where I look at my phone out of habit… knowing it’s not going to ring.

Days where I miss him so deeply it feels like something is physically missing from my body.

And still…I show up smiling.

I laugh. I joke. I make people comfortable.

Because that’s what I learned how to do a long time ago.

Take the pain. Hide it. Carry it quietly. Make sure everyone else is okay first.

But let me be real for a second-This isn’t okay. What they are doing is not okay.

You cannot tell me that cutting off all communication for four years helps someone stay clean.

You cannot tell me that isolation like this protects mental health.

You cannot tell me this is about rehabilitation.

Because it’s not. It’s about control.

And here’s where that picture comes back in.

The smile. The confidence. The words at the bottom-

You picked the wrong wife.

Because here’s the part they didn’t factor in.

I may be tired. I may be hurting. I may be doing this alone…

But I am not backing down.

Not from them. Not from this system. Not from the fight.

They can take the calls. They can take the visits. They can try to break him.

But they will not silence me.

Because I see it now. All of it.

And I’m not just surviving this anymore-

I’m exposing it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exposing the Deadly Reality at La Palma Correctional Facility: How Many More Have to Die?

For years, La Palma Correctional Facility in Eloy, Arizona, has been a hotspot for controversy, yet little has been done to address the rampant corruption, officer misconduct, and systemic failures that have turned it into a living hell for those incarcerated within its walls. Most recently, another inmate has died—one of many whose deaths could have been prevented if those in charge had taken real action instead of covering up their negligence. On January 2, 2025, I fought to have my husband moved out of La Palma due to the sheer volume of drugs flooding the yard, which were being brought in by correctional officers. I reported specific names to the Special Security Unit (SSU), thinking that doing the right thing would bring change. Instead, my concerns fell on deaf ears. Now, here we are, with more inmates losing their lives—many of these deaths are suspected overdoses, yet little to no investigation ever seems to result in actual change. A History of Negligence and Deaths This lates...

Two Years for Corruption. Seven Years for Addiction.

  There’s something I can’t shake today. And honestly… it makes me sick. I just read about a correctional officer at the same prison my husband is sitting in right now —Lewis Prison Complex—who was caught smuggling heroin, fentanyl, and cell phones into the facility. Not using. Not struggling. Not trying to survive addiction. Smuggling. Trafficking. Profiting. Investigators didn’t just catch him once either. This wasn’t some “bad decision” moment. This was a full investigation—months long—with surveillance, evidence, and tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of drugs tied to it. Let me say that again… A man with a badge, authority, and access was bringing poison into a prison —into a place already filled with men fighting addiction, trauma, and survival every single day. Now here’s the part that I cannot wrap my head around… My husband is serving seven years for doing drugs. Seven years. For addiction. For a battle that started when he was a child—before he even had ...

Four days.

That is what is left. Four days until I walk through prison gates; not as the correctional officer I once was, not as the prison wife who has spent years fighting this system from the outside, not as the advocate who knows policies, procedures, inmate numbers, classifications, grievances, disciplinary reports, and all the bureaucratic bullshit that comes with incarceration. In four days, I walk through those gates as an inmate. And I am fucking terrified. There. I said it. I am terrified. Six days ago, I wrote a blog called This Isn't Goodbye. It's the Chapter Before I Come Home. I wrote about faith. I wrote about trusting God. I wrote about believing that He would go with me. I wrote about trusting the Author even though I couldn't skip ahead and read the ending. Today? Today I cursed at that Author. Today I told God I fucking hate Him. Those exact words. Not a cleaned-up Christian version of anger. Not, “Lord, I'm struggling to understand Your plan.” Not, “Father, ple...